24 November 2009

What would you do if you only had 15 hours to live?

leading on from the video Forevers not so long i tried to do abit of a survey, which i asked:
What would you do if you only had 15hours to live?'
so here are some of the answers i got:
  • 'saying goodbye to friends and family and probably spend some time on the ice'
  • 'i would get as drunk as possible, fall asleep and die'
  • 'seriously telling people exactly how i feel and trying to summarise what i want people to remember to the people closest and doing something nice'
  • 'play monopoly'
  • 'don't know...i would first call everyone I cared about and said how much I cared for them and loved them then I would do things I would not have done before'
  • 'take out lots of loans and spend lots of money on things ive always wanted'
  • 'id probably cry 1st then tell the guy i love that i loved him and gather my friends together and just have fun'
  • 'id probably do anything and everything possible to do enjoy the last bit of life i had and not look back on anything i did that day'
  • 'perhaps eat drink and do everything I wanted to do for so long but never had the motivation'
  • 'drugs and sex, and drink jack daniels for the last 3 hours'
  • 'spend it with the best gf in the world'
  • 'I have 15 hours to live? Go convince Andy Keogh to marry me (And Stearman!). Blow all my money, spend time with family..'
  • 'Id want to find the someone who i thought had made me happiest in the world then be with them and my daughter.'



This idea reminds me of a blog style website i found called Before i die i want to...
where 2 americans have taken polaroids of everyday people and asking them, what do you want to do before you die? The Before I die I want to... project was inspired by a combination of factors: (1) the “death” of the Polaroid, (2) a psychologist’s tool called safety contracts, and (3) a passion to get people to think about (and act upon) what is really important in their lives through this simple, straight-forward question. I think this is a really clever idea. and it all makes us think about how precious life is and our own mortality. The most touching of images on that site is that they ask patients in a hospice what they want to do before they die, as well as asking the staff who deal with death on a daily basis.
a few examples from the site:


 



No comments:

Post a Comment