8 December 2009

My own work.

From looking at the movement in the two previous posts, Ive made a very short video, which isnt by any means finished, or even worked on alot. The idea behind it was focusing on a line from a diary extract that i wrote when there was alot of bad stuff going on in my life. While i do tend to bottle things in, i never feel like i can tell people my inner most feelings. Im to protected. However i do write things down, letters, notes to myself. No one ever has read them. But im looking to it for inspiration. And the line is that 'I feel like there is a beast within me' I worked upon the idea that when you self harm, or get the feeling to do it, its like a trigger switches inside you and you just find it hard to control yourself. its linked very close with paranoya. You feel like everyone is against you and no one cares. You become worried that people who love you, dont. And you feel that everyone around you hates you as much as you hate yourself. So keeping this in mind i wanted to focus on the eye, as if watching or being watched. I also wanted to try out speeding up the video footage to add a different effect. To represent the 'beast' within, i wanted to use my white out contact lenses. It makes a more obvious change to the exteria however when the feelings take over, its not always that obvious. So this is what i came up with:

i decided to make this film black and white, mainly because the people i have looked at so far have shot in black and white, and i think it adds to the abstractness of it,  I am not really happy with the text, and dont think that text in this kind of video is a good idea, maybe i should just give the audience the chance to make up there own mind. I know there is no sound. But that is my next step really, to work on the sound, edit out the text i think as well. Also while the lighting is good, i really want more contrast to my video so maybe look into how to use filters and effects to get a much darker look?  In here i cut up the eye movement and sped up parts, as well as leaving others the same. I like the effect but i think with the eye movement its a little more tricky to tell because the eye moves so fast anyway. Maybe next i could also experiment with the sped up style with full body movement. This is just a snipet of the idea i have to come for my video. i like the representation within the imagery and for some reason it reminds me slightly of a Dali's film Un Chein Andalou, in which we see what looks like a woman, in extreame close up getting her eye razored out. Maybe i could look into surrealism? it seems to be following the kind of style that i am looking at, representation and symbolism, high contrasts, black and white, even shock values to some extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment