2 December 2009

Trying a new angle

Resently i have got tired of limiting myself to such a small feild as the mexican day of the dead and really want to open up this project to something which i find cropping up in alot of my reserch so far, the relationship that the living have with death.


I like this idea of what it is that makes us feel alive. so like my little experiment before i thought id ask around, what is it that makes you feel alive?

here are some of the answers i recieved:
  •  music above anything else
  • and when people show they care for me... thats when i feel something back... that kinda.. human connection...
  • when Im helping someone and they either learn or grow from my help so it doesnt happen again
  • Having free choices
  • being happy makes me feel alive. and being happy is a choice. so, I choose to live life. I choose to feel alive.
  • walking on Sandsend Beach. Being part of the crowd/being there when Leicester score & win
  • the feeling of being wanted, quite simply. :P
  • going outside and feeling the air i breathe, seeing the sun, and watching the rain :)
  • being on a tall building over looking the world
  • the smell cut grass, flying down hill on a bike right on the edge, A snuggle from one that cares, learning something new
  • when im at the gym and i feel my muscles tightening and the blood surging through my veins

The point im trying to make is that everyone has something different in there lives that makes them feel alive. being human, we morn the dead, we fear death itself and we work so hard to feel alive. Sometimes its things that hurt us that help us feel alive. Pain is one thing that keeps me alive. Do you ever feel so numb that you will do something little, like dig your nails into your hand? bite the skin on your finger? even to a point drinking a little to much, or smoking to much, people do this to get feeling back, that feeling of being human. being alive.

1 comment:

  1. going really really really fast with anything .. in a car, quad bike or motorbike or downhill on a skateboard so you start gettin the speed wobbles and know that if you fall off , you can say goodbye to the skin on your knees. unfortunatley i havent done either in a while :(

    ReplyDelete