19 January 2010

Photography- sebastian sabal-bruce

sebastian sabal-bruce is a photographer who isnt really all that well known, however his work is stunning. He focuses on portraits but he states 'i am a "mind translator".For me the camera is a machine that converts the inner world into image format. Im always trying to materialize sensations, thoughts or dreams into scenes.' which made me think back to how surrealism is often dream like. But really what caught my eye is that some of his portraits seem to show women in a 'state' almost as if something terrible has happen. His work is very cinematic and to some extent reminds me of the work of gregory crewdson, however the use of lighting is more naturalistic even though it manages to appear cinematic. One in particular really caught my eye(the first image) and a few other examples of his work: 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment