19 January 2010

More photos

Here i had an idea based on one of the pieces of 'diary' entrys i recieved from one of my friends. the piece in question: 
'its like the person that everyone else  can see isn't me. They look upon me and see someone confident, mature. They have no idea that inside im a wreck. The only time you see the real me is when i have an episode (a breakdown) and then only i am there.'
It inspired me to do a sequence of selfportraits based on the idea that there are almost 3 steps to this process. The beguining, the confident person. Stage two the breakdown and stage three is the person that not everyone gets to see the wreck of a person. the part that everyone has deep inside that doesnt really want to show. I shot the images in black and white and used a flash gun off camera slightly to one side, i used a tripod and shutter release. I really like this set of photographs and how you can see similaritys and differences between the first and last photos and its obviously you can see the different emoitions, from the confident to the sadness and simplicity of the pose of the last image. i think the photos suit being b/w and i could work on extending this idea again. 








No comments:

Post a Comment